The department was established in October 2012 and started OPD in residential complex under Trauma and Emergency. Since then, the department is growing and extensively providing clinical and surgical care to patients suffering from Cardiac thoracic and peripheral vascular ailments. With start of Cath-lab and cardiology services, more expansion of surgical services is expected. The department has got OT in ‘New OT’ complex, where the thoracic vascular and closed heart surgeries are being done. With procurement of Heart Lung Machine, and CTVS ICU being ready, open heart surgery is likely to start soon. M.Ch. Course is also approved in CTVS from January 2020 session with one seat in each session.
• IPD beds: 20 Beds
• ICU beds: B6B, No. of beds 8
• OPD: 3 days/week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Spectrum of Activities
• OPD Services with minor procedures and cardiac Rehabilitation, IPD, Emergencies and O.T.
• Academic programs for MBBS & B.Sc. Nursing teaching.
• Extra-curricular activities like guiding KAIZEN, SPANDAN etc.
• Participation in Disaster Management Department, Govt. of Bihar, different activities and workshops.
3) Community services/Outreach programs:
• Participation in Medical camps organised by AIIMS Patna and awareness programs like road safety, mass casualty etc.
4) Teaching & Training: Courses being run by the department, if any
• Training of Senior & Junior Residents, teaching of MBBS & B. Sc. Nursing students.
• QMRT (Quick Medical Response Team) a program of Govt. of Bihar, as a Course Director.
3 days/week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
• Special Clinic:
o Sclerotherapy :One day/week
o Thoracic Trauma: One day/week
o Anticoagulation: One day/week
• O.T.: 3 days/week
Research and Publication
Events ( Upcoming / Ongoing)